For the poor will never cease from the land; therefore I command you, saying, ‘You shall open your hand wide to your brother, to your poor and your needy, in your land.’ Deut 15:11, NKJV
In March of 2014,The Help Center moved to its current location at 1321 Business 49 Highway in Neosho, Missouri. It was located at 214 East Main Street from December of 1998 to March of 2014. The Help Center had been started several years earlier to fulfill needs that were evident in our community by members of the church. At that time the Center was located in the basement of The Gospel Lighthouse Church in Neosho, Missouri.
Donna Wilson is the current acting director of The Help Center. She runs a staff of 6-10 volunteers on a regular basis, all unselfishly helping with a caring, giving heart. As in most charities, the only repayment for a job well done is the grateful smile on each person's face after they have been helped with their needs.
The Help Center is sponsored and kept in operation by donations from various different locations. Organizations that have helped in the past or are helping now on a regular basis are Pantry Food Services, local donations, drives completed by the United States Postal Service, Leggett and Platt, Wal-Mart, Arvest Bank, Car-Mart, Newcomers Club, Widow to Widow, area colleges have kicked in various types of support from time to time, and several local churches have donated food and money in the past and some continue to do so monthly. There are many businesses and people that have donated over the years, too numerous to list. God has truly blessed this effort being made in our local community and continues to bless it on a daily basis.
Along with the food dispersion, The Help Center also has a store in the front section of the building. Various people from all over donate items they no longer need and those items are sold to also help sponsor the project. The Help Center hours are Monday from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm and Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. The Help Center is closed the remainder of the week except for emergencies only. You can reach The Help Center at 417-451-0884 or by emailing them at The_Help_Center.
We also have a donate button on the left side of this webpage that you can use to donate to the ministry. The transaction is performed securely by using PayPal and they accept most major credit cards. You will receive a receipt upon completion of the transaction as all donations are tax-deductible. Please note in the notes if you want the donation to specifically be applied to The Help Center. If you can't support this ministry financially then please put us in your prayers. We appreciate your support, whatever that may be.
1. We serve Newton County with Pantry food (Serve McDonald and Jasper in emergencies only) McDonald and Jasper County have their own food pantry.
2. Must fill out an application.
3. Must know all income coming into the household. (Even if it goes out for bills)
A. Food that is donated from local churches, schools, individuals, etc.
B. Received only 4 times a year.
5. Food is given out according to family sizes and supply. Pantry food is only emergency food. The food amounts vary from month to month depending on what is donated.
6. If we have a large crowd waiting for their food, we try to take the elderly first and the helpers who pick up for shut-in's, so please don't be upset if you are not called on as you came in.
7. We can not do special needs orders. We will try our best to help out but we are limited.
8. Under emergency circumstances, The Help Center will make the decision as to what help may be available when the normal food limit has been provided.
9. This institution is an equal opportunity provider.