The church was founded in 1973 by Brother and
Sister Marble and their 4 children; Alan, Lana,
Gary, and Steve. The Lord gave the name "Gospel
Lighthouse" through a season of prayers by the
few people endeavoring to follow God's will.
The Marble's were meeting for prayer in a
house east of Neosho. They began public worship
in a block structure on their property on Highway
AA, south of Neosho.
Within a year, church growth demanded a larger
building. The congregation purchased a building at
1325 N. Wall St. Neosho, MO. Here, the church
continued to grow. Expansion was needed, but
there was no room to do so on North Wall Street.
A new building site was found and a church building was started in 1978. During the overlap of leaving Wall St. and moving into the new church, services was held in the Neosho City Auditorium for about a month.
The new site is our current location at 500 Rocketdyne Rd. This site was prayed over and all members were in agreement. The project took approximately 8 months to complete and was, for the largest part, done by members of the congregation and outside volunteer larbor.
There has since been expansions; to the east classrooms, 40 feet to the north to enlarge the sanctuary, a fellowship hall of 146 x 60 feet, to the south which includes a classroom and handicap accessible restrooms, and the most recent covering the entrance and enlarging the nursery.
God has certainly blessed us! To God be the Glory!!!